Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro

'Super durable chip resistant nail lacquer with Shine Release Complex.'

This product by Rimmel claims to last for up to ten days, so I decided to see just how long it would last me before it started chipping.

I actually bought this product in Poundland for (you guessed it) £1, in the shade 260 Gold Silk, which is a subtle yet pretty colour.
Side note: never rule out Poundland for makeup and beauty products because if you look in the baskets, or have a rummage through the products, they often have some great stuff available to buy for much cheaper than it's retail price, and it's, in my experience, of the same quality. 
I am one of those people who loves painting their nails and having them painted, but finds little time to sit and do them properly, allowing enough time for them to dry properly and in many cases, don't leave enough time and end up chipping them very early on. This is why the long lasting nail varnish seemed appealing to see if it would make much of a difference.

I found that it was easy to apply with a practical brush that glides onto the nails easily. I'm not sure if this is the same with all Rimmel nail varnishes as I don't have much experience with them but it was certainly the case for this one. Similarly, I loved the colour, which suited the shape of my nails and went well with my skin tone. It wasn't too in your face, but  it wasn't so subtle that you couldn't see it, it was a nice balance between the two, looking nice in daylight and artificial lighting. This colour also goes with pretty much anything, so you don't have to worry about colour-coordinating your nails to your outfit.

Bearing in mind, I usually chip nail varnish fairly early on by either not leaving enough time to dry or just from daily life, this did last a little bit longer. It remained more or less perfect for about three days at which point, it started to chip slightly at the tips. After five days, it was chipping quite badly and on the sixth day I took it off as it was looking very messy.

The Result: I would rate this 8/10 as it did last a little longer than others and was more chip resistant but, I would quite like it to last a little bit longer. Although, for the price I bought it for, I definitely can't complain, and I did love the colour and finish.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments