This Girl Can

As part of my 2015 personal aim to put myself first and work on improving my own health and happiness, I want to start doing more exercise, not necessarily to get fitter (which I would also like to do) but as a means of escape, to shut down my thoughts for a bit and take a break, releasing some energy.

Last month, I went to the gym for the first time in a long time and I surprisingly enjoyed it. I have always been self conscious and I hate the idea of exercising in front of people, even friends and family so, I thought I would hate every minute of it and would spend the whole time worrying about the other people in the room. At first, I did hate it, I was miserable going in, dreading the actual thing but once I got about five minutes into it, I started to enjoy it and surprised myself at what I was capable of and at the fact that I could just block out the other people. When I finished each section and was walking over to the next, I did feel very self conscious but the actual activities, I did not.

Hopefully with time I will be able to do it, without feeling so self conscious at all, and eventually, I'd like to do more different things, like different classes.

I saw Louise's (sprinkleofglitter) video on the campaign 'This Girl Can' (you can find it here), and I found it so relatable and quite reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who worries about exercising in front of other people. It also made me feel a little bit more confident about exercising which I think will help me going into 2015 and hopefully help to improve my own personal confidence.

I hope you have a great year.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments