Beauty Haul


Last weekend I took myself down to Boots and Superdrug to stock up on all my make up essentials that were running low and ending up buying not only what I needed but also a few extra bits. Collection is my favourite make up brand and is where I get most of my make up from, and in Boots on the day I went in, Collection products were on sale so that everything was under £4 (I'm not sure how long the sale will last for), hence why I got some extra bits and bobs. So here's my beauty haul with a couple of random things that I bought during my shopping trip.


Simple are my favourite skin care brand, although I don't have much experience with any others, I always just go for Simple knowing that it works well with my skin and is affordable. Having said that, I've never tried the cleanser or toner (I know!) so when I saw that all the Simple products had a third off and I had been looking for a cleanser and toner, I figured why not try them. I've not used cleanser or toner before but it seems to be working well and along with the moisturiser, they leave my skin feeling cleansed and soft. They are also very easy and quite quick to apply, so for getting into a skincare routine, I feel like these products are a good place to start. I bought the cleansing lotion and toner for £2.19 each from Boots and the moisturiser for £2.66 in Superdrug.

You can find the cleansing lotion here
You can find the toner here
You can find the moisturiser here


The collection 2000 colour match foundation is my favourite foundation because it's quite light for a liquid foundation, so it doesn't feel to thick and heavy on your skin, but at the same time, it provides a good level of coverage. It also adapts to your skin colour which makes it an ideal choice. I bought this for £3.99 down from £5.99 in Boots.

You can find the foundation here


I have only ever used liquid foundation but following a conversation and seeing the price, I decided to try the Ultimate Fix Foundation, Concealer, Powder 3 in 1 and so far haven't been disappointed. It's quick and easy to apply, with the product including a sponge and mirror. I also really like the powder finish, it means you don't need a powder on top but I chose to put one on anyway to reduce the shine further so if you chose to use it with powder, it just means that less powder is needed. I bought this for £3.99 down from £4.99 in Boots.

You can find the product here


The Little Mix by Collection Jade's Defining Full On Mascara is my favourite mascara due to it's ease when applying, and it's rubberized comb which limits the amount of clumps. I find it the perfect mascara wand for my lashes; it separates them well, applies the mascara well and in my opinion looks best on my lashes out of all the mascara's I have tried. I find that rubber or plastic combs work better on my eyes than brushes. I bought this for £2.99 in Superdrug.

You find the masacra here


The Fix Me Up Make Up Fixer is another new product (well, new to me) and so far, it seems to be effective, the past week I have been using it once I've finished all of my make up apart from the mascara which I do afterwards, and it seems to have kept the make up in place and looking as it should for longer, although I don't really have a problem with make up washing off on a regualar basis anyway as in Winter, I take off my make up and get into my pyjamas early so it hasn't washed off as much as it would do in Spring and Summer, when the days are longer. I bought this product for £3.99 down from £5.99 in Boots.

You can find it here


Another new product, I don't usually use the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer but I decided to give it a try and so far, it has been a good purchase. It's the first concealer I've used that I've seen a fairly significant difference under my eyes when it's on compared to without it. It's also easy to apply but not really any different in ease to a concealer wand. I bought this for £3.99 down from £4.99.

You can find the concealer here


This last beauty product I won't go into too much detail about as it's featured on my blog a couple of times before but this is one of my favourite products, perfect for use on a daily basis when I don't have much time in a morning before college. It's so easy to apply, and has a light feel with a good coverage. It also adapts to your skin colour which is another advantage. I don't have any faults for this product. I bought this for £3.99 down from £5.99.

You can find it here


I have been looking for a glass/jar with a straw for a while, but a lot are quite expensive, so when I passed a selection in Poundland, I figured I'd get one to see if I liked drinking from it and potentially get a couple more if I think it's worth it. Looks-wise, I think it's super cute- I don't really know what else to say other than it just looks amazing. I haven't drank from it yet but I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure I will be purchasing some more soon. If you hadn't guessed yet, I bought this for £1.


Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it, comment and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

2 comments