L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar vs Rimmel Extreme Black Wonder'full Mascara

For over a month now, I've been loving using the Rimmel Wonder'full mascara, but after hearing so many great reviews about the L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar mascara, I was desperate to get my hands on it and try it for myself. I bought it about two week ago now and I have loved using it to much. Rather than doing a review on just the one mascara, I thought I'd try doing a 'versus' post to see the advantages and disadvantages of both products and how they compare.
Rimmel Extreme Black Wonder'full


This costs £7.99 but as I bought it abroad, it cost me the equivalent of about £3.00 which was a real bargain! You can find it here.

Advantages:
It lasts all day without leaving black smudges under my eye.
It gives quite a natural look on your lashes.
It has a rubber/plastic wand which I prefer on my lashes.
It contains argan oil which is great for helping your lashes grow and keeping them soft and in good condition.
I like the packaging

Disadvantages:
When applying the mascara, I often get black smudges on my eye lid just above the lash line which then means I have to top up my eye shadow to cover it, which I don't usually have to do with other mascaras that I've used in the past.
I don't think it's the best mascara for 'full' lashes as the name would suggest, it gives more of a subtle, natural look

I'd rate this 7.5/10

L'Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar

I bought this for the starter price of £7.99 although it's now gone up to £10.99. You can find it here.

Advantages:
It's great for lengthening and volumising your lashes.
It gives your lashes a very full look, which helps make your eyes look more open/bigger.
It helps make my lashes look as nice as fake lashes without making them look fake, if that makes sense, although it also doesn't make my lashes look natural.
It lasts all day.
The curved wand makes application easier.
It looks funny having white lashes before you apply the second step. :)

Disadvantages:
It can sometimes leave black smudges under my bottom lashes so I'm considering using this mascara just on my top lashes and a different one on the bottom ones.
It's more difficult to get off but that's also kind of a positive as it means it lasts ages.

I'd rate this 9/10

Overall, I'd recommend the Rimmel Wonder'full mascara if you want a natural, more subtle look for your lashes, but if you're looking for a mascara to make your eyes stand out and your lashes look fuller, then I'd suggest you try the L'Oreal False Lash Superstar mascara, which gives incredible results.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments