20 Things That Make Me Happy

This year has been one of the most difficult years for my family and I, with so many things seeming to happen at once, but rather than focusing on the negatives, I thought it would be nice for myself and hopefully for any readers, to see some of the positive things in my life and many of the things that make me happy. These aren't in a particular order, however family and friends would definitely have to be at the top- they are so important to me.
  1. Family and Friends- Family and friends mean so much to me, and I don't know where I'd be without them. They are always there for me, I have so many amazing memories with them and I know I can count on them. If I didn't have them in my life, there's no way I'd be the person I am today. They 100% add to my happiness!
  2. Pets- I love my pets- I have a dog, a cat and a horse and they're all lovely. They definitely add to my happiness just by being in their presence, especially when I can sit and stroke them or play with them.
  3. Music- Music is my holy grail, I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. There are individual musicians which are particularly big parts of my happiness but music as a whole always helps me to feel better. Music can speak all the things I can't, and when I'm feeling sad, I love to put on my 'bad day' playlist and just have a little cry and get things out in order to feel happier afterwards, or when I'm in a good mood, music helps to make things seem more fun and joyful.
  4. A Tidy Living or Work Space- It's lovely to be able to work or relax in a clean/tidy area with no clutter, where I feel like I can actually enjoy it, rather than know it needs sorting out. I tend to be able to work better and feel happier in these sort of environments.
  5. Warm, Sunny Days- Whenever it's sunny, it seems to make me start the day much happier and more optimistic, and I often end up being more productive.
  6. Cold, Cosy Days- Autumn is my favourite season for many reasons and I'm very excited for the cold, cosy days and nights, where you can curl up on the sofa, in warm pyjamas, after having had a nice hot bubble bath, watching a film or TV show with a hot drink.
  7. Funny Films- Most films make me happy but I particularly love to laugh and smile along to comedies and romcoms.
  8. Reading a Good Book- Books have been a part of me life pretty much from the start, and I still love to sit and read (sometimes for hours) and involve myself in a new world, a new set of characters and a new story. Reading is such a magical thing.
  9. Writing- Probably an obvious one, seeing as you're reading this on my blog but I genuinely love writing, whether it's fiction, articles, blog posts... I just love being able to put pen to paper and create something new.
  10. Good Food- Simple but something many of us enjoy. I especially love eating tasty, healthy food which leaves me feeling full but good after eating rather than feeling rubbish for eating that chocolate bar which was delicious at the time, but not so good after.
  11. Shopping- I love shopping and can easily get excited about being able to go shopping and about having bought new things; if I had the money, I would spend a lot of time hitting the shops.
  12. Finishing a Job/Task (ticking things off my to do list)- This is really satisfactory and makes me feel like I've achieved something, even if it's a minor thing.
  13. Achieving Results I'm Proud Of- Whatever this is in; college, sporting events, tasks... anything. It's always very rewarding to have some results to be proud of after you've put in a lot of hard work.
  14. TV Shows- A simple thing, but just sitting down and watching a good TV show often makes me happy too.
  15. Concerts- Concerts are such a special experience for me; one of my favourite things to exist. It's amazing to think that you're singing along with a singer or band you love, in a room full of people who enjoy them as well. They're also incredibly fun and exciting.
  16. Holidays- It's lovely to be able to have a nice break and escape daily life for a little while whilst exploring somewhere new. It also makes me very happy to be able to sit somewhere in the sun, by the pool, reading a great book.
  17. Seeing Evidence That Society is Becoming More Fair and Equal- It warms my heart whenever I see progress in this area. I love to be able to witness those around me becoming more accepting and understanding of others, and treating them like everybody else- in the best ways.
  18. YouTube Videos- I love watching YouTube videos, whether it's a vlog, a tag, a challenge, a beauty video, a music video, a sketch... I could go on, they always make me happy and if I'm having a bad day, I know I can rely on a video to cheer me up and make me smile.
  19. Completing a Workout- It can be very difficult sometimes making yourself go out and do a workout, whether it's at the gym, going for a run, at home... wherever, but when it's complete, it makes me so happy and makes me feel fresh and healthy (even when it hurts), knowing I've done some good for my body.
  20. Seeing Plans Come Together- I love making lists and plans, and so when a project or task, however big or small, comes together and is successful, it makes me very happy and sometimes proud (usually if it's an achievement).
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I'd love for you to leave a comment telling me a couple of things that make you happy; either the same as those I've mentioned or different, and hopefully this post can be a happy place for people (myself included) to look at and gain inspiration from.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

5 comments

  1. Pretty much all of these things make me happy as well! This was a lovely post to read!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post, I'm glad you're finding ways to stay positive :)
    Sorry I've been so quiet recently, I've been reading your posts on my phone because my laptop has been broken so I haven't been able to comment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Don't worry about it, I've been doing the same with your posts- not because my laptop's been broken just due to practicalities but it's restricted my commenting, been loving your posts though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete