An Open Letter To My Mum

Dear Mum,

Thank you so much for everything you do to help others, whether that's me, dad, grandma... whoever. You put so much time and effort into other people, often putting their needs before your own. You may not always feel appreciated but I want you to know that I always appreciate everything you do even if I sometimes forget to show it.

Not only are you my amazing, beautiful mother but you are also my best friend. I always know you are there for me and hope you know that I'm there for you too.

I enjoy all of the days and moments we spend together shopping, working out, going to concerts, watching TV and so on. All of the little things mean a lot, even more so knowing they may not be as frequent from September, which of course I'm excited about the next step, but will definitely miss these moments a lot. I promise to keep you up to date and talk to you frequently as well as make the time to come back home, meet you for the day or whatever else I can do to continue these moments as much as possible.

Even though a lot will be changing soon, one thing that will remain consistent is your huge, important part of my life. I admire all you've achieved as well as the person that you are and hope that I can achieve a fraction of your success and brilliance as a person.

I could go on but I wanted to keep it fairly short and sweet, so thank you and Happy Mothers Day Mum!

Thank you for reading this post, let me know what you thought in the comments and if you enjoyed it, why not subscribe to be notified when I upload a new post?

Love, Steph x

No comments