Makeup Must Haves

I have tried a fair number of makeup products over the last couple of years, many of which I've loved, others I've not been so keen on, so I decided to compile a list of my all time makeup favourites or must haves, that I'm sure I will be purchasing and repurchasing time and time again.

L'Oreal Superstar False Lash Mascara- I haven't mentioned this on my blog for a while but it is still very much a favourite in my makeup collection. I sometimes grow to like a mascara and start using it on a daily basis causing the L'Oreal mascara to take a back seat and then one day I pick it up again and realise what I've been missing. It's great on it's own or more recently, I've liked using it with a touch of another mascara on top. The combination of the primer, the mascara and the wand works wonders on my lashes through lengthening, darkening and volumising them. You can build up the layers for a more false lash look but even one coat seems to make my eyes pop with my lashes looking like natural falsies.

Hoola Bronzer- I haven't had this product for as long but I feel like I've used it enough over the four months I have had it, to be able to confidently comment on how amazing it is. Hoola is a massively hyped up bronzer but definitely lives up to the hype, it's matte which makes it great for either a bronzed look or for contouring, which I like to use it for in particular. It's easy to apply and blend and lasts all day. I currently have a mini version but I am definitely going to have to get my hands on the full size product when that goes.

Maybelline Brow Satin- Whilst I've been reaching for a powder to fill in my brows over the past couple of weeks, Brow Satin is my ultimate brow product and one I continue to go back to. It's easy to use to shape, outline and fill in your brows, it lasts all day and it's [dark blonde] a good colour match for mousy blonde hair which is something I've struggled to find in other brands.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo- I own two different shades of Maybelline's Colour Tattoo range (Pink gold and On and On Bronze) and the only thing holding me back from getting more is my aim to only replace makeup products when they run out and to cut down on the amount of eye products I buy. However, these make the perfect base for an eyeshadow look whether you want to go for something simple or more extravagant. They apply smoothly and allow product to be applied and blended nicely on top and they last all day. I find that they are not only great bases, but also great as stand alone products when I don't want to do much of an eye look or when I'm in a rush.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow- This isn't a specific product as Urban Decay excel at eyeshadows no matter which palette you try. I love both the palettes I own- Vice 2 and Shadowbox as they contain all my staple gold and neutral shades as well as some slightly bolder shades. I have yet to try a bolder eyeshadow look with the Vice 2 palette but they look gorgeous in the case.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- If you haven't heard about this product before... where have you been? This is one of the products I have heard about the most and I can really see why. It has been my go to concealer for a good while now and will remain that way for the foreseeable future as it is pretty inexpensive, it has a good coverage, lasts hours and blends nicely. I couldn't ask for more.

There are plenty more makeup products I could have put in this post but these were my top items that I feel I couldn't have a makeup collection without. I highly recommend all of these products if you haven't already tried them. Let me know what your must haves are in the comments. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you liked what you read, you can follow my social media links in the sidebar to the right of this post or in the top, right hand corner of my blog to see when I upload a new post. Thank you.

Love, Steph x

No comments