August Favourites 2016

This month has been all over the place, so finding new things that I love hasn't come as naturally however, like normal, there are a few that I would like to talk about and share with you.

Beauty

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner- This month I have been reaching for this product quite a lot- anytime I've worn black liner, it has been this one as it rubs and smudges less than my L'Oreal Superstar liner (which I do still love) and is waterproof which has been reassuring this month so I didn't need to worry too much if I sweat in the heat or let a tear drop.
NYX Roll On Shimmer- This is a recent addition to my makeup collection as I have been waiting for the local Boots store to stock NYX for months. (it's been under refurbishment and I swear I could have completed it single handedly in half the time!) I ordered two lip products online a while ago but couldn't tell the colour properly without testing them in person. After finding a different store which stocked NYX, the abundance of gorgeous products were slightly overwhelming and I struggled to decide which I wanted most but after laying my eyes on the body shimmers, I knew they needed a place in my home. I bought one initially in the shade: RES15 NUDE/DIAPHANE (I think that's the name of the shade) and have loved using it as both an eyeshadow and a bronzing highlight so would love to get my hands on some more.
NYX Waterproof Glam Liner- The other NYX product I picked up was the Glam Liner in GLA06 GLAM PINK ROSE GLAMOUR, which is a gorgeous shimmery, pink shade that can be used as an eyeliner (what a revelation, I had no idea- name that film!) or all over the lid as a sparkly (and slightly out there) but beautiful eye look.

Entertainment

Soul Screamers Series- This month, I finally finished reading the Soul Screamers Series. (I don't normally like to commit to series consisting of more than 3/4 books as I know I'll want to finish them all but if I don't like them, that's a lot to read! Does anyone else have this thought process?) Whilst it's not my favourite book series, I did enjoy it. I found myself plodding my way through the first half of each book and then was hooked in the second half/last third and every book seemed to be the same. I love the character of Tod and would say he's my favourite in the book but all of the others have their moments of annoyance and love (although definitely more love than annoyance!). It's a fantasy series based on fictional species, mainly bien sidhes (banshees) which I don't normally enjoy in a book (or film), I prefer a book set in the real world with real people, nevertheless it was still an enjoyable series to read.
Shrek- I'm sure we're all familiar with the Shrek films and if you're not- where the heck have you been?! They're a well loved series in a number of households, mine included and I can never pick a favourite however, despite watching the original film no end of times as a child, I hadn't watched it for at least six years until this month. My love for it was rekindled and probably even strengthened as I found myself laughing constantly, particularly at the jokes and comments I missed as a kid; the humour really does appeal to everyone, similar to Cat In The Hat (another love of mine). If you haven't seen this film for a long time, this is your reminder to go and rewatch it and then come and share the love of the film with me!
Music- There have been several songs and musicians I've enjoyed listening to this month so rather than repeating my comments about each song, as the reason for my love of all of them would probably be very similar, I'll talk generally about all of my top music favourites this month:

  • Don't Let Me Down- The Chainsmokers ft. Daya
  • Let Me Love You by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber
  • Cold Water by Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber
  • Into You by Ariana Grande
  • My House by Flo Rida
  • Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes
  • Don't Mind by Kent Jones
  • Heathens by Twenty One Pilots

I've had these songs on repeat throughout August as I love the melodies and lyrics. All of which have been great shower songs either to dance along to (highly recommend My House) or to belt out the lyrics to (Ariana Grande always makes great Shower songs if you want to belt one out). Of course, the rest are songs I'd recommend for the Shower and any other part of your day too.

Other

Beach Day- As mentioned in recent posts, things have been a bit difficult and all over the place recently so a day visiting my auntie and uncle and walking along the beach was very much needed. I had a lovely time and genuinely felt really happy and care free for a while which was a really lovely feeling and made a nice change. I'm not the biggest fan of the beach as I don't like going in the sea (I don't like what could be in the sea and not knowing what's beneath you) and I hate when sand sticks to you and is found in your shoes and clothes for weeks afterwards. However, once I'd got over the worry about what was underneath me on the sand and in the water, I did really enjoy the feeling of sand between my toes and water rippling over my feet (not that I went in very far, but definitely more than normal).

Thank you for your patience with my blog and YouTube at the moment, it really hasn't been easy but I'll try and get back on track asap and will no doubt explain a bit more soon. Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it, let me know what you have been loving this month.

Love, Steph x

No comments