Hello Autumn

It gets to October and all you seem to see and hear about is Autumn... the word 'Autumnal' is certainly overused! However, I, like many others, love Autumn, it's my favourite season and more specifically, October is my favourite month and always has been, so today's post is going to be all about the things I love about Autumn.

  1. Crispy Leaves- walking along the street with warm layers protecting you from the chill in the air is a lovely feeling in itself but when your eyes meet a golden, crispy leaf on the floor, you can't help but head on over to it and put your foot down, waiting to hear that satisfying 'crunch'.
  2. Cosy Clothing- the need to wrap up warm means your wardrobe can be filled with hoodies, jumpers, onesies, scalves... you name it! Anything that you can cosy up in, feels amazing. It makes you feel happy to just sit inside, chilling with a movie or game without feeling as if you are wasting time by not going out. Having said that, when you do venture out into the cold, you can layer on your clothes and finish a look with some gorgeous Autumnal outerwear!
  3. Birthday- This is probably the thing that made me love October best as a child and it's stuck with me. My birthday is at the end of the month which is one of my favourite days ever. Although, I'm not looking forward to it as much this year as everything is different this time around; friends I would usually celebrate with are all over the country and a vital family member is missing. This will be the first birthday for as long as I can remember not celebrating with my grandma... we always use to go for a snack at McDonalds with my grandparents and in recent years would go out with them or go and visit them, so to think that that won't be an option this year is not the best feeling!  
  4. Halloween- With my birthday being so close to Halloween, I've had many a spooky themed birthday both in early and recent years. Whether that's dressing up or just having Halloween themed decorations and games, it's often featured in a party. That should probably be a good indication of my love of the celebration... It's just a fun one even if, like me, you scare easily.
  5. Bonfire Night- Watching the fireworks is both a wonderful and terrifying thing... I'm the kind of person that likes to see them pop in the sky but prefer to do so from the safety of my home, watching out the window.
  6. Gold/Bronze Smokey Eyes- You can rock a gold or bronze toned smokey eye anytime in the year but I personally love to bring it back out and use it frequently in Autumn. I can spend a bit of time in the morning (on mornings that I actually feel like making the effort) creating a lovely shimmery eye out of gorgeous shades that just make me feel that little bit more confident through out the day; feeling as though my makeup rocks (even if others have a different opinion).
  7. Pyjama Days- On cold days where you don't have to do a lot, it's nice to lounge around in loungewear or pyjamas, feeling cosy whatever you do in the day.
  8. Horror Films- Obviously you can enjoy a horror film at any time but Halloween inspired movies and horror films are great in October where fans of horror films and those that find them just plain horrifying, can come together to be scared the heebie-jeebies (is there a correct way of spelling that... I don't know?!) out of together!
  9. Movie Nights- Linking to the previous one, having a cosy night in with family, friends or by your lonesome, watching a movie or two is such a great way to pass an Autumn evening.
  10. Build Up To Christmas- I know it's early to be thinking about Christmas, but it's not too far round the corner and October is, in my opinion. an acceptable month to start preparing for Christmas and to start the build up towards the festive season... that's not to say you need to deck your halls or falalalala quite yet, but you can prepare to.
You could probably get a decent drinking game out of the amount of times I said cosy, Halloween, Autumn or Autumnal in this post but I have no regrets! I'm sure there are more things I love about Autumn (there we go again) but these are the things I am most excited for at the moment. Let me know what you love about the season, or maybe your more of a Summer gal or guy and this colder weather is doing nothing for you... share your thoughts. I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did and you want to see more from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right hand corner to see when I next upload. I also uploaded a university room tour today so you can watch that and subscribe if you haven't here. Thank you for reading this post.

Love, Steph x

No comments