Settling In: Uni Update

I have successfully completed my first week of university (ie. properly starting my timetable rather than induction and freshers week) and I feel so much happier than I did writing my first 'uni update'.

It's difficult to know exactly what factors helped make the week easier: whether it would have happened whatever; whether it's the lack of freshers events going on every night or; the reassurance that I would be home at the weekend and from that point onwards would have my car to hand, meaning I could come home whenever and have the freedom of a car that I'm used to.

Whatever factor(s) made the week better, I'm grateful. After returning to my flat on Sunday, once again in tears, I couldn't imagine going through that challenge week in, week out and just wanted to go to lessons and then spend the rest of my time there, curled up in solitude, enduring the week and waiting for the moment I could return home. I did make myself go out to a desert restaurant (yes it's as amazing as it sounds) with my flatmates Sunday night, which at the time I wasn't sure about but my parents talked me into it and I'm glad I went now. Plus, I will definitely be going back- my white chocolate and raspberry pancake was delicious! As for the rest of the week, thankfully things improved and as time went on, I found myself cheering up more and more. I wouldn't say I'm back to my normal self by any means, but I'm definitely heading that way.

I've enjoyed getting stuck into the more practical elements of my course which started more so on Thursday (my last uni day of the week) so it was nice to be reminded why I chose the course and the university and that I will (hopefully) be enjoying that side of things. It's also been nice to have chats in the kitchen over dinner or whenever else, so rather than making and eating my tea fairly quietly and then heading back to my room, I've found myself wanting to spend longer in the kitchen with company, having a chat and a giggle.

I'm still very glad to be able to come home most weekends as I think weekends would be more of a challenge when people are going out clubbing, which is not something I want to do, but at least now I have options. Thank you to everyone who left me nice comments and messages after my first 'uni update', it was really comforting to have that support. My family really made it easier for me in whatever way they could and I don't know how I would have got through that week without that!

On a slightly different note, I have decided to change my upload days. I've been trying to work out the most convenient time based on my timetable and for the time being, I will be uploading on a Wednesday and a Saturday instead of a Tuesday and a Friday. However, my YouTube upload day is going to stick to a Wednesday for now.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did and want to see more from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right hand corner to see when I next upload.

Love, Steph x

No comments