Cheese and Tomato Galette: Student Friendly Recipes

I am back with another recipe as part of my 'Student Friendly Recipe' series, all of which are vegetarian but can be adapted to meet the requirements or wishes of the reader.

This is a recipe that I absolutely love, it looks a lot more impressive and difficult to make than it is and doesn't take a particularly long time. I had something similar in a hotel towards the end of Summer and wanted to recreate it myself with a few changes to makes it more appealing to my taste buds. Like my other recipes, you can take this as a base and can swap, remove or add ingredients as you please.

Ingredients
Puff Pastry (ready rolled is the easiest but whatever you like)
Mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Mozerella (or a cheese of your choice)
Cherry Tomatoes
Rocket
Balsamic Vinegar

Instructions
1. Cut a circle of your chosen size out of your puff pastry (I used a circular container to get the shape and size). You may need to roll it out first if you just buy a block or if you make your own, but if you make your own, I'm not sure why you need to be reading this recipe as you're clearly way more advanced in the kitchen than I am.
2. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately ten minutes, 220 degrees celsius/ gas mark 7.
3. Whilst the pastry is cooking, slice your tomatoes, cheese and mushrooms.
4. Cook the mushrooms with salt and pepper seasoning either by placing in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes or by grilling or frying on the hob.
5. Remove the pastry from the oven and place the cheese and mushroom in the centre of the pastry.
6. Put the pastry back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove the galette from the oven and serve on a plate with the sliced tomatoes on top (or you could cook these with the cheese if you would prefer cooked tomatoes), a serving of rocket and balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top.

I really love this recipe and would like to do things like this more in the future whereby I try something different at a restaurant and if I like it, have a go at creating my own version. Let me know if you've ever made anything similar or recreated a meal you've had in a restaurant and how it went. If you enjoyed this post and want to see more from me in the future, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner, to see when I next upload. Thank you for reading this post.

Love, Steph x

No comments