October Favourites 2016

How did October fly by so quickly? I now have another year to wait for my favourite month to come back around! A lot changed throughout the month and although things didn't always go to plan, some great moments were had and some great new things were discovered!

Fashion & Beauty

L'Oreal Infallible Contour Kit and Primark Face Blending Brush- I have been loving using this product a lot throughout October. When I first purchased it, I couldn't understand how to get it to blend nicely and why it would just disappear or look like a streak of mud on my face however, using it with the face blending brush from Primark, it has worked wonders. It's a nice formula to apply with the brush and blends into the areas I want it to so that it doesn't look too harsh or nonexistent.
Primark Coats- I have two coats from Primark that I have lived in the past month: my camel parka and my light pink crombie coat. I feel as though the parka makes an ideal, everyday autumn/winter coat for its warmth, comfort and style. Although the crombie coat does all of these things as well, it's not as easy to wear with everything however, it does look lovely on. I wasn't entirely sure at first but I have fallen in love with it and despite feeling like a Chanel (you can decide if that's a good or bad thing) when I wear it, I love the way it completes an outfit and looks pretty and sophisticated.
The Body Shop Sakura Shower Gel- Since moving into my uni flat, I have used this shower gel twice a day, every day! My parents bought it for me with a collection of items when I moved and it smells so darn good that I can't resist using it all the time! The scent reminds me of Watermelon Jolly Ranchers, which I love the smell and taste of, so it's probably no surprise that I love the shower gel too.

Entertainment

Louise Live- I uploaded a whole blog post dedicated to the Louise Live DVD and more specifically, what I love about it. So rather than repeating myself, you can have a read of the full post here.
The Big Bang Theory- With new episodes every week at the moment, of course, this show had to appear in my favourites. I enjoy watching both old and new episodes but there's something great about having completely new episodes of a TV show to watch and so far, this series is making me laugh a lot, possibly even more than previous ones.
The Gabbie Show 'Cringiest Tinder F*ckboy'- Gabbie tells some brilliant stories in very comedic ways and her video roasting the 'cringiest tinder f*ckboy' is a great one... she explains it all in a humorous way but actually, the way she dealt with the situation and the things highlighted in the video are both important and amazing. After uploading this video, the story clearly didn't end and she recently uploaded a new video, interviewing said guy. I love the way she keeps herself together and well presented but takes no rubbish and is blunt with her questions. I did feel bad for him before remembering what he said (and not as a one off) and as I realised he never actually apologised and simply contradicted himself and made excuses. On top of this, she uploaded a vlog of the day she met him to her second channel, which was also an interesting and entertaining watch and summed up the story nicely. I really recommend watching all three of these videos to see the full story as it's both interesting and entertaining. Plus, Gabbie always cracks me up.
Hunted- You may remember, me featuring this programme in my favourites last year as I find it really entertaining and interesting to see how people react to being hunted and how hunters actually hunt the people down. I get really involved in the show and find it really tense towards the end of the series when there are only a few people left and the hunters do everything they can to catch them. I absolutely adored the last episode of season two as it was tense and exciting in the best ways possible. If you've never seen it, I really recommend giving it a watch on 4od.
Mrs. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children- This film is an unusual one; it appears to be for a young audience but it's got a rating of 12 and has humour and eeriness for a slightly older one. I personally enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and although areas of it were a bit confusing, it was a lovely film to watch and I really liked the concept of the story.
Shout Out To My Ex- You're probably all familiar with this incredible tune from Little Mix. They absolutely smashed their performance of it on X Factor and both the track and the music video are extremely addictive and entertaining. I can't help but sing and dance along when I hear it.
Week With Runa- I had my friend Runa come and stay with me for a week, splitting time between home and uni. It was lovely to see her again after so long and I had a lot of fun spending time with her even if we couldn't do a great deal due to uni commitments.

So that concludes my October Favourites, I hope you've enjoyed reading this post. If you did and want to see more from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner, to see when I next upload. Let me know what you've been loving this month in the comments below. Thanks for reading this post.

Love, Steph x

No comments