The Christmas Tag

Merry Christmas!!! I couldn't not upload a Christmas tag this week, and what better time to do it than Christmas day itself!

1. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?
I have memories of my brother and I carolling with my cousins near where they lived on several occasions but I don't remember much about it. I also used to be in the school choir so we did sing some carols in various places with them.
2. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Never! I never have and never plan to!
3. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
We always do more or less the same thing on Christmas day, which I always look forward to- I don't like when that changes! My brother and I get up early (way too early for most people but I cannot get to sleep on Christmas eve nor can I sleep in in the morning!), we have presents in my mum and dad's room and then chill for a bit. We get ready, go downstairs for the presents under the tree and then my grandparents come for an hour or so just for a drink and chat. For years, my other grandparents would come for Christmas dinner, which changed to just my grandma who stopped over Christmas eve after we lost my grandad and then this year we've got my auntie and uncle round for dinner. At about 3 the rest of my mums side of the family comes round for a buffet and the slightly more recent addition of a quiz! Santa comes and visits, bringing presents for the children and we have a lovely time in a busy household of 25!
4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Always real. If we have a fake tree, it's in addition, but I love going and picking out a tree and then being able to smell the fresh scent whenever I'm near the Christmas tree.
5. What is your favourite Christmas film?
How the Grinch stole Christmas... hands down. I do also love The Holiday but The Grinch is number one.
6. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens and then Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade.
7.  Do you peek at gifts or like to be surprised?
I never try to pick at gifts as it spoils the surprise and I like to have surprises on Christmas day. I think I've seen one or two before Christmas day in previous years but it always makes me disappointed knowing it won't be a surprise anymore.
8. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
Spending time with family as it's always very family orientated, especially on the actual day!
9. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
Starts probably early November but it changes a bit each year.
10. What tops your tree?
We switch it up but this year we have stars on both.
11. As a kid, has a sibling ever received a present that you wish was for you?
None come to mind but I'm sure they probably have at some point. I always like seeing what he gets and often like them myself but I'm also always very happy with my own gifts so I wouldn't want to swap them.
12. Most memorable Holiday moment?
The first Christmas in our new house, my grandma tripped up the step into the dining room and hit her head on the corner of the marble table and had to be rushed off to hospital in an ambulance. It was a horrible moment that I'll remember, probably forever, but it was definitely the most memorable! A lot of traditions changed that day... it's probably why I like sticking to tradition where possible now!
13. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I often make goals for the year rather than resolutions so I can try and work towards them and have an aim for the year rather than things I want to change, although this varies each year. I try to stick to them as much as I can but it doesn't always work.
14. You have been granted one Christmas wish, what will it be?
A selfish one would be to have grandma and grandad for one more Christmas but the one I would go for would be for everyone in the world to have a peaceful, happy, healthy day, even if it's just the one day as I think the world needs some love and joy at the moment and there are so many people in awful situations!

I hope you have a fabulous day and spend it doing what you enjoy, with those you love. If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to follow my social media links to see when I next upload. Thank you for reading this post and thank you for reading and watching my content this week!

Love, Steph x

No comments