February Favourites 2017

I don't have a great deal new favourites this month but there are a couple that I wanted to share with you. I'd be interested to know if any of you have seen any of the things mentioned in this post and if so, your thoughts on them.


Ice Hockey- Never in a million years did I think I'd be a sports fan and would enjoy watching a sports game but watching the Varsity Ice Hockey last month was one of my highlights of university so far. I loved the excitement and buzz in the atmosphere, the tensions as the puck made it close to a goal, the roars from the crowd... it was all just a fun, exciting experience, made even better by the fact that we won! I'm not so keen on the chants of hate- chant support all you like but I don't like hearing all the insults so much. The game itself is so great to watch and grabbed my attention a thousand times more than any other sport. It's definitely something I'd love to do again, possibly as a regular or semi-regular thing!
Split- Split is such a brilliant film both for its captivating plot and James McAvoy's amazing acting skills! I found the concept fascinating and was gripped from start to finish. Although, I don't think it helps people see the reality of those living with multiple personality disorders and makes them seem more dangerous or criminal than they are. Nevertheless, the idea that they are superior rather than inferior is an interesting one and one worth exploring.
Hidden Figures- I adore this movie, it's such a wonderful story with some incredible actors! I loved seeing an adaptation of NASA's hidden women's stories, which were something I knew little, if anything, about before hand. It was such an inspiring and empowering film, definitely worth a watch!
Grime music is growing on me, which is something I never thought I'd say. I feel like it's been a slow increase in interest throughout February with a sudden hit the last few days. It would be better if I knew all or most of the words so could feel like a boss whilst rapping/singing... whatever it is, away but we'll see if that ever happens. Although, at the same time, I think it could be a short love but lets see how long it sticks around for.
Ed Sheeran Divide- Not technically from February but as my Feb favourites has gone up so late, I want to include this in this post as it is insanely good and has been on repeat since Friday. I adore Supermarket Flowers and will probably find comfort in this song for a really long time... it's lyrically stunning! I also really love Nancy Mulligan and Barcelona, although every track on the album is amazing. It's so varied and shows how talented Ed is in order to successfully create an album full of so many different music styles.

Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it. What have you been loving this month? Any overlaps? Let me know in the comments. If you did enjoy this post and want to see more from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right-hand corner to see when I next upload.

Love, Steph x

No comments