5 Netflix Shows You Need To Watch

With Summer holidays well under way, it's the perfect time to binge watch some of those series you've been hearing all about but haven't had the time to start. There are so many shows I have saved in 'my list' ready to watch as soon as time allows but there have also been a few I've watched recently or am currently watching that you could be missing out on!
Reign- I am not one for period dramas normally and never expected to enjoy this TV show but after great reviews and recommendations, I had to give it a try. It hooked me very early on and I'd spend the day thinking about watching the show in the evening! There are so many great characters and storylines to get invested in that you can't help but want to watch more and more. It definitely has a major focus on history and emphasises the period drama style but for anyone like myself, it's still worth watching for the general plots and drama involved that massively distracts from the genre and makes me want to watch many more of its sort. There are so many lovable and love-to-hate characters that it's difficult not to get hooked.

Jane The Virgin- With season three now available on Netflix, it's the perfect time to binge watch the show. Like nothing else, the dramedy is engaging, exciting and lovable despite the features that would normally make you cringe! The narrator certainly helps to make the show stand out, adding humour in the best moments. It's a show that doesn't require your full attention to grasp what's going on, despite all the twists and turns in the storyline, as the narrator and method of storytelling helps to ease this.
How To Get Away With Murder- If you love a good mystery/drama/crime thriller, this is a great show for you. It was difficult for me to stop watching and had me very grateful for the automatically play next episode feature that allowed me to hardly move throughout it all! I love the way it tells the story, revealing a little more each episode, feeding it in throughout the plot and rewinding or fast forwarding to provide the details of the story. It does take a bit more concentration to fully get what's going on but it's worth the invested time. I love shows that surprise and shock me and this is one of those!

Chasing Cameron- A very different genre, this show follows Cameron Dallas on his tour and general life. I've watched his YouTube videos before but never been a huge fan however, this show changed my perception of him a lot, making my respect for him increase massively. It shows the less glamorous aspects of his fame and the situations he has to deal with with the responsibility he has. I had never considered how much of a role he played in Magcon and I feel like this show really opens yourself up to that and shows how much can be hidden or unexpected. This is definitely a good show for lighthearted watching and can be watched as a background show or one having your full attention.
American Horror Story- If you love a good horror, you're probably very familiar with this show but I had to put it in this post anyway as it's such a good watch. Each series follows a new storyline, setting and group of characters, so you don't have to watch every series in order (although I couldn't bring myself to do that)! I don't know anyone who agrees on their favourite series, which suggests to me that there's something for everyone! Some series are scarier than others, although this probably depends on your personal fears anyway which, is just something to bear in mind if you don't think one is very scary. I love the way each series is done and the creativity gone into it, particularly into the introductory sequence.

I'm sure there are plenty more binge-worthy TV shows, so if you want to see a part two, let me know or if you've got any recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did you can follow my social media links in the top right hand corner to see when I next upload. Thanks for reading.

Love, Steph x

No comments