How To: Autumn Berry Makeup Look

Today I have a very different style of blog post for you... I want to share my current favourite make up look. With each step, I've explained which products I used and have included links to them in case you want to buy any but you can always use products you already own, using the same techniques to create pretty much the same look.

Base:
1. I started by applying Simple Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser all over my face and neck, which is a step I do every morning and night. (x)
2. I then used my W7 Prime Magic Face Primer all over my face, concentrating on the areas around my nose to make my make up application a smoother process and more long lasting. The foundation I used for this (Max Factor Face Finity) is a 3 in 1 primer, foundation and concealer but I feel like it lasts longer, looking better if I use a primer as well. (x)
3. Finally, I used Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer to make my eyeshadow go on smoother and last a lot longer through out the day. (x)

Face:
1. To begin my 'face' section, I applied the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in triangles under my eyes and blended it using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. (x)
2. I then applied the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on any redness and blemishes which I then blended with my ecotools concealer brush. (x)
3. As I mentioned in my September Favourites (here), my go to foundation at the moment is the Max Factor Face Finity 3 in 1 Foundation, so I applied this all over my face, blending down my neck using the Expert Face Brush again. (x)
4. Next, I filled in my brows using- you guessed it- the Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Blonde. (x)
5. To finish this section, I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply powder all over my face in order to set my base. The foundation actually has quite a matte finish but I always feel like my makeup lasts longer and looks better with a light powder finish. (x)

Eyes:


The eyeshadows don't have names in this palette, so any shade I mention, corresponds with the numbers labelled above.
1. I started by applying shade 5 of the Revolution Iconic 3 Redemption Palette in the two corners of each eye lid, leaving the centre of my eye nude (is that the right word?!?). For this I used my Lydia Professional Eye Brush. (x)
2. Using the same shade, I brushed some over my socket, above my eye lid (you can go up as high as you want depending on how heavy or exaggerated you want your eyes to look).
3. Taking shade 2 with the other side of my brush, I applied it to the centre of each eye, to give more of a defined 3D look to my eyeshadow.
4. Next, I took a very small amount of shade 12 using my Real Techniques Detailer Brush to apply it to the crease of my eyes, blending it in using the Lydia brush mentioned above.
5. Once I was happy with how my eyes looked, adding extra of certain shades where necessary or blending a bit more, I used my Rimmel Scandaleyes Thick and Thin Felt Tip Eye Liner and created a cat eye. For this, I don't really have a specific technique, I just start with the tip, go along my eye lid and fill in the sections once I have a rough outline. (x)
6. I then lined my water line with my Technic Kajal-Kohl Eyeliner Crayon, joining it up to the existing 'cat eye' line. (x)
7. Finally I used the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara on my upper lashes and my Collection Super Size Mascara on the lower ones. (x)

Colour:
1. I used my Makeover Essentials Shimmer Powder Brush Bronze under my check bones, up to the edges of my forehead and then down to my chin, blending it in a 3 like pattern with my ecotools buff brush.(x)
2. I then used my ecotools bronzer brush (I don't tend to keep brushes for what they say they for!) to apply and blend my Maybelline Colour Show Blush 'Em along the apples of my cheeks.  (x)
3. My penultimate step was to apply my Clinique eyeshadow in Daybreak to my cheeks, above where I applied the blush and under the arch of my brow using my Lydia Professional Angled Detailer Brush. (x)
4. Finally, I used my J20 Apple and Raspberry lip balm to colour my lips; giving them a berry look whilst hydrating and softening them. I find this lasts a lot longer and fades more evenly than a lipstick, plus it tastes/smells delicious, feels great and looks lovely with the purple eye look. (x)

The finished look:
So there we have it, my first 'How To' make up look complete. I hope you enjoyed this style post and/or found it useful. If you want to see more of these posts let me know and if you have any tips related to this that you find useful, I'd be happy to read them.

Love, Steph x

If you liked this post, please share it and follow if you want to read more blog posts.

No comments