NYX Liquid Suede Review

This product is amazing, NYX lip products are amazing, NYX is amazing! After a long wait for my local Boots store to stock NYX, I have finally got my wish and couldn't be happier about it (actually, I could if they had the body shimmer in Platinum in stock when I went, but I'll let that one slide). After purchasing the NYX Liquid Suede, in the shade Kitten Heels to go with my red Boutique Of Molly dress, I knew I had to share my thoughts on the product asap!
I am familiar with the formula of the Soft Matte Lip Creams and love everything about those so I wasn't sure whether to go for one of them in a red shade or try the liquid suede range, but as the shade Kitten Heels seemed like the best colour pay off and match for my dress, I figured I'd give it a go, and I'm so thankful that I did. The image above shows the lip product on before the party compared to after... sorry about the snapchat filters, I didn't take them for the blog post as didn't plan to do that until later, but they've come in handy so hopefully you can still see the product well. I would have to give this product a 10/10 and here's why...
  • At £6.50 a pop, you can't go far wrong and the amazingness that is this product, means it's a blummin' good deal- you wouldn't believe it's by a drugstore brand.
  • It lasts SOOOO well and for a long time!- I wore mine to a party last night and didn't have to top it up once (it probably could have done with a quick top up round the edges towards the end of the night but nothing you can't get away with). It lasted five hours, four drinks and three courses without budging and it wasn't until the third drink that any lip product transferred to the glass at all... my clear lip balm marks more than that!
  • It's easy to apply and would probably be even easier had I used a lip liner but I personally, don't think you need one with this product!
  • It doesn't bleed around the edges.
  • When it does start to come off, it just starts to disappear at the edges rather than crumbling or pealing away so it would be easy to top up or just as fine to leave if you don't have that much longer left to wear it.
  • Superb colour pay off even with just one coat.
  • The shade Kitten Heels is gorgeous... a perfect statement red!
  • Did not feel drying on the lips, in fact, it had a softer feel than a lot of lip products, particularly matte ones.
  • At the end of the night, I thought I was going to have to fight to get it off my lips given how well it stayed on all evening but nope, it came off with a quick wipe of the lips.
There is nothing bad I can say about this product or about any NYX product I've tried so far. I highly recommend giving their products a go if you haven't already, especially their lip stuff. If you're interested in getting your hands on the NYX liquid suede lipsticks and you're from the UK, you can find them here. Thank you for reading this post, if you havenany NYX recommendations, let me know as I'd love for my NYX collection to grow. If you want to see more posts from me, you can follow my social media links in the top right hand corner, to see when I next upload. 

Love, Steph x

No comments