2021 Highlights and 2022 Goals

Oh hey, fancy seeing you here! I hope you've had a good new years and are looking forward to what 2022 has to offer. I had to drop back in for my annual highlights and goal setting post. Looking back on another very turbulent year full of challenges and difficult moments but equally, filled with some amazing memories that need appreciating! So without further ado, here are some of my highlights from 2021...

Buying a House

I’m very grateful to have been in a position to buy my first house in 2021. During a difficult time and with so many struggling, I am appreciative of the fact I was able to manage it and proud of the accomplishment. I enjoyed the process of house hunting and even more so the process of designing and decorating the house. I loved and continue to love finding pieces for the house and making the space my own! 

PT Qualification

After countless delays and changes, 2021 was finally the year I passed my Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer course. It was challenging to have such a gap between doing the coursework and theory exams and then getting to do the practical but it really helped bring everything together. I enjoyed the whole experience and obviously learned a great deal during the process. The people leading and completing the course were great and only added to the whole experience. Now it’s time to take it forward and see how I can make the most out of it. 


Trips 

Another year with limited travel opportunities but I did enjoy a few UK-based trips and of course, my time in Spain completing my course. Our family time in Wales made a great start to the Summer with the weather truly on our side. We were able to explore new places and enjoy spending time together, we even dipped in the river by the cottage which I never thought I'd be doing! Spending the weekend in London was also brilliant, giving us the opportunity to see my brother in his play for the first time in a long time (he was amazing, of course) and get to enjoy some time in the area. I really enjoyed the restaurant of choice- Lantana where the food was so lovely and flavoursome, I'd definitely love to head back. The time spent in the Lake District and Harrogate was also a lovely experience- from the fairground rides to the escape room and everything in between, it was a great trip with even better company. I also had a great girls weekend at a cottage in Yorkshire, with lots of opportunities to relax, good food and so many laughs!


Relationships

From remote movie watching and distanced walks to actually being able to spend time together going for meals, cinema trips etc. it’s been a great year to spend together with plenty of wonderful memories. Meeting new people as a result has also been an amazing bonus. Making the most of relationships with friends and family and watching them blossom has been another highlight in 2021, enjoying time spent together whether it’s for a spa day, a gin night or a FaceTime, each moment has been appreciated. And of course, relationships with the beloved animals- turbulent but so much love there. 


As always, I set myself a few goals for 2021 so how did they go?

  • Buy a house- I well and truly ticked this off the list... I was lucky enough to find my home in January and own it for myself in May. I even filmed a house tour here.
  • Finish my PT course- As above, 2021 was the year I finally finished the course and am now officially qualified. 
  • Travel somewhere if it’s safe- I managed to visit Estepona for my PT course although most of the time was spent in the gym. I also managed a few UK trips but hopefully 2022 allows us to travel that bit more!
  • Write more fiction- Unfortunately, I didn't tick this one off. My writing dropped off significantly. Perhaps 2022 will get me back on it! 
  • Keep reading regularly- I also didn't quite manage this one, I managed to get through a few books but not as many as I'd hoped.
  • Improve my running and run further- I've managed to make slow progress in this area but it's very much still a work in progress so bring on 2022.
  • Enter a sporting event- A group of us did an inflatable run postponed from 2020 which was a lot of fun and something I'd definitely do again. Hopefully I can get a few more events under my belt this year.

2022 Goals

Start working as a PT or Fitness Instructor
Travel abroad
Try rowing
Enter a few sporting events

I hope you had some great moments in 2021 and that you have even better ones in 2022. Thanks for reading my post.
Love, Steph x

No comments